Monday, April 27, 2009

Beginning Sunday: A Weekly Revue of 1992



I was thinking way back when that I might have fun with news headlines. A montage of images, clipped news source headlines and text that highlight the week. I added artwork to tie it all together for a cohesively designed page. Visual and word puns. Satire. Subtle social glimpses. Some images were begging to be added simply because they worked in conjunction with another image or graphic. For each week, it was more about design than social commentary.

It is not an original idea, of course. I simply undertook it as a challenge. These were completed pre-computer days so all work was done by hand. Though perhaps entertainment news and personality heavy, you might find it fun to see what you remember or what you have forgotten. Some entries were for my own amusement so you will not recall every item each week.

I have posted a few slices today as teasers. Like Mike Tyson’s infamous trial and getting his head knocked off by a member of the opposite sex. The latter never really happened. Jeffrey Dahmer. Mikhail Gorbachev spot remover. The death of Alex Haley.

No comments:

Post a Comment